Posted on February 22, 2011 by the State Executive Committee of the Peace and Freedom Party:
The Peace and Freedom Party stands in solidarity with Wisconsin’s worker and student demonstrations. We demand:
* The Wisconsin Legislature kill the bill that would deny collective bargaining to state workers
* Governor Walker refrain from calling in the National Guard or police
* Education and union jobs are a right
* Cancel interest payments to the banks
* Tax the rich and their corporations
We applaud the workers and students of Wisconsin for leading the way in a “people’s filibuster” while Democrats hide out to deny a quorum to the Republicans.