CBS News is reporting, in an interview with her, that Green Party presumptive presidential nominee Jill Stein has announced her choice for the party’s vice presidential candidate, to be approved at this week’s convention in Baltimore. Cheri Honkala is the Stein campaign’s choice, a poor people’s advocate based in Philadelphia and the national coordinator of the Poor People’s Economic Human Rights Campaign.… Read more ...
Press release from the Green Party of Philadelphia:
… Read more ...
By Chris Robinson
Green Party members and friends met on May 26 to discuss their current and future elector campaigns and other actions designed to mobilize the voting public.
Cheri Honkala spoke about her campaign as the Green Party candidate for Sheriff of Philadelphia, www.cherihonkala.com.
Below are videos posted on Youtube from the Green Party of Monmouth County. On February 27th, they hosted a regional conference on “the Greens, labor, and healthcare,” featuring speakers and performers including Hugh Giordano of the Green Party of Philadelphia, folk singer Tom Neilson, Howie Hawkins of the Green Party of New York, and Margaret Flowers of Physicians for a National Health Program.… Read more ...
This is my mother Cheri Honkala. My mother and I were homeless for a couple years when I was 10 years old.… Read more ...
Hugh Giordano – 2010 Green candidate for state representative in Philadelphia who got 23 percent of the vote in the city, union organizer, and Green Party of Philadelphia City Committee member – is sending the following two-part open letter to every union in the city of Philadelphia:
The Green Party of Philadelphia will be holding two events this month, a “green night out” with activist Jasmine Rivera and a party meeting. Information from the party is below.
Green Party of Philadelphia
GREEN NIGHT OUT
Saturday, January 22, 7:00 pm
Enjoy an endless supply of
vegetarian Chinese food.… Read more ...
… Read more ...
Hugh Giordano, a 26-year-old, Roxborough native and food workers’ union organizer for UFCW Local 152, ran on the Green Party ticket against Democrat Lou Agre for a seat in the 194th. He lost, but garnered 18 percent of the vote (23 percent in Philly)—an unprecedented number for a third-party candidate.
From the Green Party of Philadelphia:
A representative of the Green Party of Philadelphia (GPOP) testified against the stop-and-frisk policy at Philadelphia City Council hearings on Tuesday, December 14. Stop-and-frisk has been enforced by Mayor Nutter, City Council, and the police for the last three years. Stop-and-frisk involves a police officer running his or her hands along the outer garments to detect any concealed weapons.… Read more ...
The following is an open letter written, sent to various Philadelphia unions and published by Hugh Giordano, a union organizer and Green candidate for state representative in Philadelphia who received over 18 percent of the vote in a 3-way race this year. I, Ross Levin, worked on Giordano’s campaign as a volunteer and continue to volunteer for the Green Party of Philadelphia.… Read more ...
The following article ran in several newspapers in the Philadelphia, PA area (you can read the full thing here):
… Read more ...
On November 30, the monthly meeting of the Green Party of Philadelphia (GPOP), www.gpop.org, provided a look at a rejuvenated political organization…
Much of the discussion focused on Hugh Giordano, www.hughgiordano.com
Via Ronald Hardy at Green Party Watch:
This list was put together by Brent McMillan, consisting of Green Party campaigns for State House (or Assembly) seats. It includes all of the races that finished with over 15% of the vote in 2010:
- Mark Miller for State Representative 3rd Berkshire District, MA 4,459 votes 45.0%
- Jeremy Karpen for State Representative District 39, IL 5,354 34.7%
- Fred Horch for State Representative District 66, ME 1,272 34.38%
- Ben Manski for State Assembly District 77, WI 7,761 31.0%
- Anna Trevorrow for State Representative District 120, ME 945 31.04%
- Seth Berner for State Representative District 115, ME 1,002 27.93%
- Charlie Howe for State Representative District 115, IL 7,178 24.91%
- Cheryl Wolfe for State Representative District 11, MT 1,052 24.86%
- Mark Swaney for State Representative District 90, AR 2,393 24.83%
- Jack Lindblad for State Assembly District 39, CA 9,728 21.09%
- Nicholas Payne for State Representative District 67, CT 1,366 20.34%
- Rex D’Agostino for State Representative District 183, PA 3,482 19.1%
- Mark Meyers for House of Delegates District 11, WV 768 19.06%
- Cynthia Santiago for State Assembly District 51, CA 12,753 18.26%
- Hugh Giordano for State Representative District 194, PA 3,547 18.1%
- Lee Scott Laugenour for State Representative 4th Berkshire District, MA 2,483 18.0%
- Kenneth Williams for State Representative District 29, IL 4,122 17.2%
- Linda Macias for State Representative District 21, AZ 12,204 17.01%
- Vince LaMie for State Representative District 105, IL 2,928 15.2%
Note the wide range of geographical locations, from Maine to California, Wisconsin to Arizona, Illinois, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Montana, and Arkansas.… Read more ...