The Peace and Freedom Party stands in solidarity with Wisconsin’s worker and student demonstrations. We demand:
* The Wisconsin Legislature kill the bill that would deny collective bargaining to state workers
* Governor Walker refrain from calling in the National Guard or police
* Education and union jobs are a right
* Cancel interest payments to the banks
* Tax the rich and their corporations
We applaud the workers and students of Wisconsin for leading the way in a “people’s filibuster” while Democrats hide out to deny a quorum to the Republicans.… Read more ...
by Omar Mohamad, Socialist Party of South Central Wisconsin and Billy Wharton, co-chair Socialist Party USA:
The mass protests led by public employees unions in Madison, Wisconsin have been presented by some mainstream commentators as a labor’s last stand. They are not. They are a spark, a spark with the potential to create a new protest movement capable of revitalizing our unions, radicalizing student organizing and creating a space for democratic socialist politics.… Read more ...
Green Party IL gubernatorial candidate Rich Whitney will be having a “money bomb” this Wednesday December 9th. Whitney hopes to raise $50,000 from the the day’s donations. There will also be a funraising event that same night at Callihan’s Irish Pub 760 E.… Read more ...