WASHINGTON, D.C. — On Labor Day 2016, Green Party leaders and candidates called for living wages, Single-Payer health care, cancellation of student debt, defeat of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), a Green New Deal to end growing economic inequality, and conversion to a system based on ecological economics.… Read more ...
In the state Capitol buildings and streets of the Midwest, unionists, other workers, and students are heroically resisting the attempt by politicians and employers to resolve the economic crisis at a deadly cost to working people.
Protesters lit the flame in Wisconsin, where they have continuously occupied the Capitol since February 14 in a fight to preserve the bargaining rights of public workers.… Read more ...
The Peace and Freedom Party stands in solidarity with Wisconsin’s worker and student demonstrations. We demand:
* The Wisconsin Legislature kill the bill that would deny collective bargaining to state workers
* Governor Walker refrain from calling in the National Guard or police
* Education and union jobs are a right
* Cancel interest payments to the banks
* Tax the rich and their corporations
We applaud the workers and students of Wisconsin for leading the way in a “people’s filibuster” while Democrats hide out to deny a quorum to the Republicans.… Read more ...