Press "Enter" to skip to content

Green Party results from local elections on 5/19

Yesterday there were local elections in many towns across the United States.  Thanks to Green Party employee Brent McMillan and Green Party Watch, we have the results for the five races with Greens in them yesterday.

Unopposed, Ruth Alexander won her race with over 98 percent of the vote for re-election to the Ashland school board in Jackson County, Oregon.

George Gluck came in a distant third in the election for a seat on the Montgomery County Council in Maryland.  He got about four percent of the vote, while the Republican got 33 percent and the Democrat won with 63 percent.

Matt Donahue won re-election to the Corvallis school board in Benton County, Oregon.  He had one opponent.

Susan Aufderheide came in second, with about 26 percent of the vote, in her race for the Rogue Valley Transporation Board in Jackson County, Oregon.

No results have been found yet for Nat Fortune.

4 Comments

  1. Levon Helm Levon Helm May 20, 2009

    Great work.

    Thanks for Green Party success stories.

  2. Third Party Revolution Third Party Revolution May 24, 2009

    So how can Ruth Alexander be unopposed yet receive only 98% of the vote? What’s up with the other 2%

  3. Third Party Revolution Third Party Revolution May 25, 2009

    George Gluck’s performance compared to the other Green Party candidates is a real disappointment.

  4. Ross Levin Ross Levin Post author | May 25, 2009

    I think Gluck’s race covered a larger area and was more high profile.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.