I saw Mr. Elworth’s announcement on Facebook, and asked if he would write something up for publishing at IPR. This is what he sent me (with minor edits from me).
December 29, 2015
Short Political Bio– Mark G Elworth Jr, 2016 Candidate Vice President (Libertarian), 2016 Candidate for Nebraska State Legislator, 2014 Nebraska Governor Candidate, 3.53%, 19,001 votes, I spent $500 on my grassroots campaign and ended up holding the record for 3rd Party Candidates for the office of Governor in Nebraska.
39 years old
I consider myself a candidate for the common person, for the working class and the working poor. I will be the first to tell you I am as common as anyone else. But what I did was get fed up and I went out and tried to enact change and do something. I wanted to stand up. I want to be a leader and I want others to see what a regular person can do in politics. I want to get as many people involved in politics as possible. I feel the big parties have disenfranchised so many voters to the point of record low voting turnouts. I tell people all the time if we can just get people to come vote we can get things changed, because anymore there are more of us then them, but we don’t vote. I’m trying to get everyone I can involved, if not to run, then support, come out to rallies and events and of course vote. I run a very grassroots campaign. I stand on busy street corner intersections as often as possible campaigning, I’m strong with social media and internet marketing. I run a inexpensive but effective campaign. I’m even writing a book on modern grassroots campaigning as we speak
What am I about??
1. Peace and Nonviolence
3. Equal Rights Under the Law for Everyone
4. Promote Voluntarism
5. I want to trim government waste and spending. I believe it’s a very bad when government wastes the taxpayers money. The government should be held accountable.
6. I want campaign finance reform, we can’t let giant corporation buy our politicians anymore.
7. Expose and get rid of corruption in Government
8. I believe in bottom up economics. I feel our nation is only as strong as its weakest links and if we built from the bottom up then we would create a vibrant economy which in turn would move up. The rich can stay rich, but I want them to earn it, run companies, hire people. We need to slash taxes for citizens and small business. If we could let people run businesses without getting taxed to death then before you know it the businesses can start hiring again and the more people could save and buy if the government let the people keep more of their earnings
9. I’d rather put tariffs on imports than tax Americans and their businesses. I want to build a economy that can sustain itself.
10. I’ll also call for the legalization of marijuana and hemp to make more economy while at the same time I support ending the police state.
What do I feel I offer the party?? Why do I feel like I’m a good candidate?? Well I’m a high energy candidate who really gets out there and pushes. I have visions of what the LP could become, and I believe 2016 will be a critical year for us. People are demanding a a viable 3rd party and it’s time for us to produce. I’m gonna be a hard worker for any campaign. I bring a strong social media following and a strong grassroots campaigner. I know how to get out to people without spending lots of money. We need someone who knows how to do this if we want to compete. I’m great with people, get me out on the corner, I’m an activist, I care about the issues I’m pushing. My heart is into it and when people see me during rush hour traffic I let them know.
Mark G Elworth Jr (@markjr4gov) | Twitter
The latest Tweets from Mark G Elworth Jr (@markjr4gov). 2016 Candidate for Vice President(Libertarian Party) and State Chairman of the Marijuana Party of Nebraska. Omaha, NE