Defend Democratic Rights!
FT. LAUDERDALE, Fl. – Last spring, the Trump administration — in violation of the Vienna Convention — collaborated with violent right-wing Venezuelans in an attempt to take over the Embassy of Venezuela in Washington, DC.
Saturday, January 18 At 7:30 p.m.
Ft. Lauderdale Unitarian Church
3970 Nw 21St. Ave
Ft Lauderdale, Fl 33309
Acting at the request of the Venezuelan Embassy, Embassy Protection Collective members (peace activists in Washington, D.C.) occupied the premises for 37 days. On May 16, federal agents raided the embassy and arrested the four EPC members who were still inside. The four are now facing trumped-up charges of “interfering with certain protective functions” of the federal government, a misdemeanor charge—but one that carries a maximum of one-year in prison and $100,000 fine for each of the
Scheduled to begin February 11, their trial will be an important civil liberties battle ground for all who want to defend the right to protest Washington’s attacks on the self-determination of the Venezuelan people.
- Kevin Zeese and Margaret Flowers
- Audrey Bomse, National Lawyers Guild
- Special video messages from Code Pink activist Medea Benjamin and Grayzone journalist Max Blumenthal both of whom faced similar charges, since dropped, and Jill Stein, 2016 Green Party Presidential candidate.
A collection will be taken to help raise funds for the legal costs of this important case!
- U.S. Hands Off Venezuela South Florida Coalition;
- POWIR (People’s Opposition to War, Imperialism, and Racism);
- Green Party of Florida;
- Labor Community Alliance;
- Circulo Bolivariano de Miami “Negra Hipolita”;
- Vets for Peace;
- Code PINK;
- National Lawyers Guild