INDIANAPOLIS – Join the Indiana Green Party (INGP) as we build a grassroots effort to take back our government from corporate owned politicians. Help us build a better tomorrow, today by running for office or volunteering.
Run for Office
If you are interested in running for office in 2020, let us know by submitting the candidate vetting form.
There are a number of vacant positions that need to be filled. If you are interested in any of them or would like to help in another way, please contact us.
- Communications Director – This is an INGP Officer position. As per the INGP Bylaws, the Communications Director shall 1) have control of the INGP social media accounts and shall contribute to the INGP website as necessary, 2) compose and send out the INGP electronic newsletter., and 3) compose and send out press releases and press statements as necessary/requested by the CC.
- Legal Council – An attorney in good standing who is willing to become a member of the statewide organizing committee and advise the INGP leadership.
- Volunteer Coordinators – People serious about connecting volunteers to local groups and initiatives that they would be interested in.
- Ballot Access Organizers – The Green Party needs a ridiculous amount of hand-written signatures to be on the ballot in Indiana elections (i.e. ~44,000 for the 2020 Presidential Election). We need organizers networking throughout the state to achieve these goals.
- Door-to-door Petitioners – See above. We need ground crews across the state knocking on doors and asking for signatures.
- Fundraising Coordinators – Fundraising is an unfortunate necessity of modern-day politics.
- Video Editing / Production – If you can capture, edit, and/or produce quality video content, we could really use your assistance.
- Image Creation for Online Materials – Create website homepage banners, images for newsletters, etc.
- Content Writers – Write/publish “green” news articles, updates on active campaigns, recent legislative updates, and similar.
- Social Media Team – A team member of the Communication Director’s social media committee managing the INGP’s social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, YouTube).
- Researchers – Research ballot access laws in the state, campaign finance, political rules, and etc.