Announcing his run (link to post):
As of today I have submitted my application to run for President of the United States on the ticket of the Libertarian Party. If elected, I promise to take over the government, and leave everyone alone.
In a comment he reassures fans he will be 35 in time, and thus qualifies to run.
Elaborating a few minutes later (link to post):
Just spoke with the LP about what I need to do to win the nomination. I’ll need 30 delegates to support my nomination in order to be considered a serious candidate.
Here’s my potential presidential platform:
1. Reduce economic inequality by lowering barriers to entry in the marketplace, licensing, taxation, and fees. Urge congress to adopt the “Penny Plan,” across the board spending cuts of 1 cent per program. 1% of spending.
2. Strengthen national security by reducing/ending foreign aid to nations hostile to the USA. Reconsider overseas troop deployments in areas not important to US national security, and audit the Pentagon.
3. Lower barriers to trade with foreign nations, and allow American companies the leeway they need to develop domestic energy production, in order to create good paying jobs at home.
4. Audit the Federal Reserve.
5. Abolish the 16th amendment’s income tax in favor of a flat tax. Seek voluntary ways to fund public services where possible, lotteries, tolls, etc.
6. Streamline our immigration system by following updated “Ellis Island” styled protocols. Security check. Disease check. Done.
7. Work with congress to institute new protocols that will protect national security while placing the balance of weight towards due process and individual rights. No beheadings without due process.
8. Reclassify the war on drugs as a medical problem, not a criminal problem. Siphon funds away from enforcement into treatment centers for addicts, and release all non-violent offenders.
9. Allow young people to opt out of social security.
10. Overturn Obamacare.
4 hours later he linked to a new webpage (link to post):
“Hold on to your butts!”
(linking to www.austinpetersen2016.com)
From his about me page [a few links added by IPR]:
Born in rural Missouri and raised with his two siblings by their widowed father, Austin Petersen learned early on the value of hard work, and perseverance. He graduated near the top of his high school class and competed in forensics and choir, all while working a part-time job on the family farm and at the local Wal-Mart.
Austin’s artistic and creative prowess led him to complete a Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Musical Theatre from Missouri State University, winning national awards for playwriting and drama while enrolled there. For years, Petersen spent time working in the media business in New York City, before his campaign skills were put to work in Washington D.C. as the Director of Outreach at the Libertarian National Committee in 2008.
From there, Petersen successfully managed a grassroots campaign that turned a political podcast into a nightly television show, “Freedom Watch,” which broadcasted on the Fox Business Network from 2010-2012. Petersen then worked for national tea party group FreedomWorks, before launching his own private venture “The Libertarian Republic” which has millions of readers all over the world.
Today, Austin wants to serve as your voice in the White House, taking over the government, and leaving everyone alone.