Matthew McConaughey Fails to Launch

Actor and Austin-native Matthew McConaughey, who hinted about running as an Independent candidate for governor of Texas in 2022, has officially announced he will not run.  He posted the following video Sunday on his official Twitter account:

A November 9-16 poll from UT Tyler showed McConaughey, as an Independent, in second place with 27 percent in a three way race against incumbent governor Greg Abbott, who was in first place with 37 percent, and probable Democratic nominee Beto O’Rourke, who was third with 26 percent.

Other candidates for Texas governor include three officially seeking the Libertarian Party’s nomination: 2020 presidential candidate Dan “Taxation is Theft” Behrman, Dallas County LP secretary Andrew Jewell, and 2018 LP nominee Mark Jay Tippetts.  Health care worker Delilah Barrios is seeking the Green Party nomination and US Navy veteran Patrick Wynne is seeking the Reform Party’s backing.

Candidates have until December 13 to officially declare.  The primaries will be held March 1 with potential runoff elections on May 24.  The general election will be held November 8.

31 thoughts on “Matthew McConaughey Fails to Launch

1. SocraticGadfly

No real surprise from here in Tex-ass, after R.F. O’Rourke officially declared. Matty had already semi-shot himself in the foot a couple of times.

2. Guess

Thank you. I didn’t realize he was considering running as an independent. Thought it was as s Democrat and that he stepped aside for Beta.

I am not surprised at all by this news. Running for political office, especially a high level office like Governor, is a lot of work, and costs a lot of money. I think when a lot of people get hit with this reality they back out of it.

“The truth
    December 3, 2021 at 19:57
    The garbage comment on December 1, 2021 at 02:38 is from Robert K Stock.”

How do you know that is Robert K. Stock?

Are they your “associates” at a government, or government connected, trolling operation, or are they your other “personalities” (ie-fake names)?

“Nathan Norman
    December 5, 2021 at 02:07
    I’m talking about all my internet friends and fans including yourself.”

We are friends? That is news to me.

“Nathan Norman
    December 5, 2021 at 02:36
    You could be. You’re definitely a fan. I’ve been getting that vibe for years.:

Why would I be a fan of yours? You are some weirdo who posts a lot of stupid stuff online, and your probably don’t even use your real name, and I suspect you post under different fake names. I don’t respect internet trolls, especially ones who troll under fake names.

“Nathan Norman
    December 5, 2021 at 02:50
    I can imagine you, me, Milnes, and McConaughey just hanging out and doing what four guys do. That would be something.”

Milnes is another weirdo.

It might be an interesting meeting though, Get us some beer and let the video cameras record, and see what happens.

9. Tony From Long Island

Is this the same Andy who thinks that everything is a “false flag” and who was banned from here? I hope not.

But staying on topic . . . McConaughey not running is good for Beto.

It is the same Andy, yes, it is me, but I never said everything was a false flag, but a lot of the big hyped up events have turned out to be.

I was banned for pointing out the hypocrisy of many Jews for pushing for open borders and unlimited, unrestricted immigration into the USA, and other European, or European based, countries, while at the same time supporting a walled ethno-state with a DNA test backed Jews only immigration policy for Israel.

I NEVER violated any IPR policy.

“Robert Milnes
    December 6, 2021 at 00:01
    Andy, do you know who banned you?
    paulie, Warren? Who?”

I assume that it ultimately would have been Warren Redlich, since he owned the site, although I never had a personal problem with Warren Redlich, and I had in fact endorsed him when he ran for Governor of New York.

Note that Warren Redlich and Paul are both Jewish, and I believe the poster dL is as well.

12. Robert Milnes

Interesting.
    I remember dL. He or she used to comment quite often.
    Have not seen any comments by dL recently.
    Austin, please be patient and bear with me about this.
    I took being banned from IPR very personally. Let’s look at who was banned and why, shall we?
    Me over “spamming” PLAS, Andy jewish hypocracy re: Israeli ethno state segregation, Nathan calling out paulie as “cyberpig”.
    And Ogle the real spammer re: US Parliament.
    Connect some dots with Tiffany Briscoe and Pierre Crevaux case manager attacking BTP then finding her way to…Ogle!
    Briscoe traced back to the democratic party in Maryland. I got a phone call attempted bribe from Crevaux so I personally traced him back to the Republican party in Florida.
    This is part of the baggage you bought into when you bought IPR. But now full circle? You, Third Party Watch >IPR > Warren and paulie> gone? > Austin new owner.

13. Robert Milnes

I personally recognize the singular “Nope” comment as a paulieism. Which if correct, would make dL jewish.
    I do not know Andy’s rationale in calculating dL as jewish though.
    But I am impatient with this comment crap but for different reasons than Austin. Because words have consequences. And sentences are words and comments are words.
    That is quite different than just being a nuisance perhaps.
    And to ban someone is also potentially a weaponization.
    THAT is the problem, IMO.
    Foolish me. I was for quite some time complacent about a “Two State” solution to the partition of Palestine. I became impatient that it was taking so long. Israel seemed to be taking advantage.
    Then I started realize haw I have -and am- being attacked by covert Zionism.
    In comments. In Court, in the GP and LP etc.
    It must really hurt to be a Palestinian.

“I do not know Andy’s rationale in calculating dL as jewish though.”

I don’t know about dL. That was just a guess, but it was based on the content of his posts, such as his freaking out on Robert Capozzi, comparing him to “David Duke,” which was completely absurd.

He also seemed to push the leftist/Cultural Marxist agenda, which is pushed by many, but of course not all, Jews, and he would never answer whether or not he supported open borders and unlimited, unrestricted immigration for Israel.

dL had claimed for quite awhile that I was “driving posters away” from IPR, even though this group proved to be FAR more active when I was posting here than it was in the OVER 3 years that I was not here, and even though I had multiple people wanting me to return. dL was lobbying to get me banned for awhile, and he in fact censored at least one of my posts, which was about crime statistics of Muslim migrants in Europe and/or the USA. There was NOTHING in the post which violated any IPR policy, but he took it down anyway.

I know that many Jews dislike Muslims. They don’t really want them in Israel. However, many of them DO want them to go to countries in Europe, or the USA or Canada, not because they care about the Muslims, but rather in order to de-stabilize these countries, and leave them ripe for a “divide and conquer” strategy” (I had also posted a link which proved this beyond a shadow of a doubt, straight from the horses mouth, so to speak).

I don’t know who dL is. He’s a bit of a mystery man. I don’t know if he is Jewish or not. Maybe he is just some white guy who buys into all of the ANTIFA and BLM leftist Cultural Marxist garbage. Who knows?

I suspect him of being one of the people who has been trolling and doing some of the shady stuff here and at Ballot Access News, and possibly some other sites, but who knows, maybe he is not.

Also, I NEVER said that all Jews, or people from any other group, engaged in X. Y, or Z, behaviors, or had X, Y, or Z, beliefs. I was just pointing out some statistical tendencies.

“paulie at least once to my knowledge let on in a comment his true, vicious Zionism.
    THAT is the problem, IMO.”

Which comment was that? Can you find it, or can you at least summarize it?

“To comment anonymously is clever minimally, and has the potential to be weaponized.”

I can see why some people want to comment anonymously, but the bad thing is when people abuse it, and some of them abuse it pretty badly.

17. Robert Milnes

Andy, the comment was some time ago. I believe in IPR, hence he identified himself. Maybe in BAN. Definitely NOT in The PLAS Place. I believe he used many pseudonyms/persons-Like WTF Wang Tang Fu there.
    He said the likes of There are no Palestinians because there is no Palestine. And Israel is doing Palestinians a favor etc.

18. Robert Milnes

I responded with LOLS! saying that is very funny because it is so absurd.
    But I believe it was him and he said what he meant and meant what he said.