Final touches are being put on plans for this year’s California Libertarian convention. We have a special location planned–Harvey’s and Harrah’s Resorts and Casinos in Stateline, Nevada, right next to South Lake Tahoe. There should still be snow in the mountains, and the scenery there will be breathtaking!
This will all happen the weekend of April 8th through 10th.
Here are some of the speakers we have planned:
• Steven Greenhut, author, journalist, Director of the Pacific Research Institute’s Journalism Center, and among the best-known Libertarian activists in California.
• Judge Jim Gray (ret.), Southern California’s popular Libertarian speaker and columnist
• Steve Kubby, well-known national and local candidate and activist
• Richard Winger, nationally respected ballot access authority and publisher of Ballot Access News
• John Stagliano, long-time libertarian activist and entertainment entrepreneur
• Tad Lumpkin and Harold Uhl, up-and-coming libertarian activists in the realm of digital entertainment, will present their fast-paced, laugh-filled, and deadly serious expose of the Federal Reserve, The American Dream .
• Carlos Rodriguez, a Cuban refugee and immigration lawyer in California’s San Fernando Valley, will share his insights into mobilizing our state’s (and the nation’s) growing Latino Libertarian community, and introduce us to the national organization Libertariaos in America .
We have other events planned, including a Poker Tournament and a screening of The American Dream, along with several other surprises. Of course, the community of Lake Tahoe offers skiing, snowboarding, and plenty of other diversions, should you add additional days to your trip.
Our hosts, Harvey’s and Harrah’s Resorts and Casinos, suggest reserving a room at Harvey’s for a quieter atmosphere, and reserving a room at Harrah’s to stay closer to the 24-hour action. Call Harrah’s Resort and Casino toll-free at (800) 455-4770 and ask for Group Code S04LPC to be included in our room block, or visit either Harvey’s or Harrah’s online reservations to choose which environment you prefer.
Harvey’s Resort and Casino
Harrah’s Resort and Casino
For more information, visit the website at