The Green Party of Suffolk has endorsed and promoted the following march for peace and justice, happening in Port Jefferson, Long Island, New York…
Saturday, March 30, 2013
12:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Port Jefferson Village, Suffolk County,
Long Island, New York
Join us as we peacefully assemble and march:
· Calling for an immediate and true end to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
· Mourning the loss of hundreds of thousands of lives, both military and civilians.
· Condemning the killing of innocent civilians by unmanned U.S. drones in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen and elsewhere.
· Demanding that the more than $2 billion a week spent on illegal wars be diverted instead to fund jobs, education, health care, veterans’ services and other urgent needs at home.
· Resisting the perpetual war agenda of corporations reaping enormous profits from war-making.
Event will take place rain or shine.
Assemble at 12:15 at intersection of Rt. 112 (Main St.) and Rt. 25A (blinking light, across from ferry) in Port Jefferson Village. White “death masks” will be provided to those who wish to wear them. Signs will be supplied, or bring your own. Please wear black if possible.
March concludes at starting point with a solemn reading of the names of Long Island troops killed in Iraq and Afghanistan.
SPEAKERS: Mac Bica, Veterans for Peace Long Island; Ariel Flajnik, Hofstra University senior & LI Alliance for Peaceful Alternatives Program Assistant; Cathy Leahy, One Billion Rising; Charlotte Koons, CodePink Long Island; and Bill McNulty, North Country Peace Group.
Sponsored by the NORTH COUNTRY PEACE GROUP and endorsed by Bellport and Sayville Women in Black; CodePink LI; Franciscan Brothers of the Little Portion Friary; Great Neck SANE/Peace Action; Green Party of Suffolk; Interfaith Alliance- LI Chapter; LI Alliance for Peaceful Alternatives; LI Food Not Bombs; LI Teachers for Human Rights; MoveOn Long Island; Pax Christi LI; Peace Action New York State; PeaceSmiths; Share International U.S.; Social Justice Committee of UUCSR; South Country Peace Group; Suffolk Peace Network; Veterans for Peace LI.
For information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For information contact: ncpeaceg AT gmail DOT com