National Platform Committee Meeting
June 4 @ 8:00 pm – 11:00 pm EDT
- Roll Call (2 minutes)
- Approval of agenda
- Approval of any outstanding minutes (10 minutes)
- Opportunity for Public Comment (10 minutes)
- Any remaining issues over appointment of rationales committee (10 minutes)
- Platform Amendments to Taxation and Spending
(including the possible issue of student debt)in 2.4 or other appropriate places (90 Minutes)
- Platform Amendments adding Licensing (45 Minutes)
- Platform Amendments regarding abortion and reproductive rights (45 Minutes)
- General discussion if any time permitting (no voting – cushion of 10 minutes built in – this will be omitted if time extended on any prior items)
- Closing remarks by Chair and Adjournment (3 minutes)
How to view the meeting …
Platform committee meetings may be viewed using Adobe Connect. You’ll need a browser plug-in (an easy way of getting it is to us this connection test link, which should prompt you to install the plug-in if you don’t already have it). The join link is:
Meeting visitors are responsible for complying with the following policies adopted by the LNC:
Policy Manual Section 1.02.4 says: “LNC meetings are open to Party members, except while in Executive Session. However, participation is not permitted except by majority vote of the committee.”
Policy Manual Section 1.02.7 pertaining to Electronic Meetings contains the following provisions that are particularly relevant to visitors:
1) Each participant must accurately identify himself by name when joining the meeting. Videoconference participants other than members or alternates of the committee must precede their sign-in name with “zz” so as to group them at the end of the alphabetical participant list.
2) Electronic meeting participants must try to eliminate, as much as possible, background noise, echoes, and call waiting interruptions. Participants shall not place their telephone connection on hold if the system has music or messages playing while in that mode.
3) All participants legally consent to having the meetings recorded, should the committee opt to do so.
4) If the committee permits, participants other than members or alternates of the committee may observe videoconferences using Adobe Connect (and not by a toll-free number) with their web cameras off and their microphones muted.
[Note: The above instructions are a digest/summary of relevant parts of a helpful document written by, if I am not mistaken, Alicia Mattson. Any omissions in the digest/summary are my error – TLK]