Posted at LPUK.org.
I haven’t found anything on the results of the meeting yet. If anyone knows anything, please post in the comments.
The 2008 Annual General Meeting of the Libertarian Party will be held in York on 29 November, 2008. All non-suspended Party Members are welcome to attend, as are any accredited members of the media.
The venue will be the Main Hall of the National Centre for Early Music, St Margaret’s Church, Walmgate, York, Y01 9TL. Travel directions may be found on NCEM’s website.
The AGM will commence at 1pm, and is expected to finish around 6pm. Light refreshments will be served during proceedings.
NOTE: due to late demand, the NCC have amended the Party’s Constitution to allow the deadline for submission of electoral nominations and resolution submissions to be put back to Saturday 22 November, 2008, rather than 15 November, 2008, as stated on the forms below.
Provisional Order of Business
- Welcome by Party Leader
- The Treasurer will make a report to the meeting outlining a summary of Party activity during the year, to include financial statements
- Party Leadership elections
- National Co-ordinating Committee (NCC) elections
- Judicial Committee elections
- NCC proposed Resolutions will be debated and voted upon
Thereafter, any Resolutions formally submitted by Party Members will be discussed and voted upon. The NCC will determine the time available for all such debate depending upon the number of Resolutions submitted.
All formal Party posts are subject to electoral confirmation annually. Existing post holders may seek re-election. Any non-suspended Party Member may seek office. No posts may be combined. All nominations require five (5) Seconders.
The Party Leadership posts available are:
Party Leader: currently held by Ian Parker-Joseph, will be seeking re-election
Chair: post currently combined
Secretary: post currently combined
Treasurer: currently held by Patrick Vessey, will be seeking re-election
Nominations are actively sought for the posts of Party Chair and Secretary. Should none be forthcoming, the NCC will be proposing a Constitutional change to allow combining of these posts.
A total of five (5) additional NCC posts are available and require filling. Currently three of these posts are held:
1. Andrew Withers: will be seeking re-election
2. Tim Carpenter: will be seeking re-election
3. Chris Mounsey: will be seeking re-election
Nominations are actively sought for the two vacant posts. Should insufficient be forthcoming, the NCC will be proposing a Constitutional change to permit the absence of post holders until the next AGM.
A total of five (5) Judicial Committee posts are available and require filling. Nominations are actively sought for these posts. Should insufficient be forthcoming, the NCC will be proposing a Constitutional change to permit the absence of post holders until the next AGM.
All nominations for Party posts must be made using the form provided.
Any non-suspended Party Member may submit a Resolution to be placed before the AGM. Such resolutions require four (4) Seconders, and must be made using the form provided.
The AGM shall be conducted in the manner specified by the Constitution of the Party.
- Any Party Member who intends to attend the AGM will be required to produce some form of identity bearing their name and address, and to inform the AGM staff of their Party Membership number, prior to being granted voting rights. Thanks for your understanding.
- Any member of the media who wishes to attend the AGM should give advance notice to the Party via email to email@example.com