Posted by Ronald Hardy at Green Party Watch
From Vince LaMie, candidate for Illinois State Representative, 105th District:
There is going to be opposition for the first time in the general election for state representative in the 105th district. I am Vince LaMie from Woodworth, IL and this is my first venture into state politics. I want to bring the message to Springfield that corruption needs to end. I am 46 years old and have been married to Janis Redeker LaMie for 17 years. We have 4 children ages 13 – 21. I drive a truck and I am a graduate of Kankakee Eastridge HS and EIU.
Why am I running for this office?
• I want the people of district 105 to prove that a person CAN be elected to state office who DOES NOT accept money from special interest groups, corporations, corrupt businessmen, or political parties.
• The amount of money involved in political campaigns makes elected officials loyal to that money. When a candidate accepts large sums of money from corporations or special interest groups, you know where their loyalty is going lie.
• There is a good chance that two of our governors will be serving jail time for corruption. It is time for a change. Both governors had the support of their parties until they were caught. It is time to clean house.
• I want to be a voice of reason to combat all the partisan bickering.
• I want to bring the message to Springfield that we, the people who pay their salaries, are tired of self-serving politicians and we want real leadership.
Why should you vote for me?
Since I will not accept money from special interest groups, corporations, or political parties, my loyalties will be with voters of my district.
I have been a high school teacher, I have owned my own business, and currently I drive a truck for a large company. This has given me a chance to work with people in many different life situations and work situations.
I have seen many of the problems we face in Illinois first hand, from the lack of funding to our local schools, the challenges of running a small business, to our roads and bridges in need of repair.
I know firsthand the need for good-paying jobs.
I know that people are concerned about the environmental and budgetary problems that are being left for our children and grandchildren to deal with.
We may not agree on all the issues, but you will know my opinions were not for sale to the highest bidder.
Do you want things to get better?
If we keep voting the same people and the same parties into office, how are things going to get better? Our reputation for corrupt government is accurate, but we deserve better. Corruption is fueled by money, so we need to reject candidates who accept money from businesses that work for government, corporations, and special interest groups.
Currently it is legal for our elected officials to accept money from electric companies even if they are on the Electricity& Renewable Energy Committee and it is legal to accept money from railroad companies even if they are on the Railroad Committee. This is obviously wrong and we need not vote for candidates who participate in these conflicts of interest.
Why hasn’t our current representative done anything about these legal but obvious corrupt practices?
Because he participates in them.
I am a member of the Green Party and you can contact me at: 815.471.2769 email: email@example.com website: vincelamie.com