For Immediate Release
June 7, 2013
Boman to participate in “Candidates in the NeighborHOOD” Forum
(Detroit, Mich.) Candidate for City Clerk of Detroit, Scotty Boman, will be among those participating in the “Candidates in the NeighborHOOD” Forum.
Boman, a native Detroiter and current math and science professor at Wayne County Community College District has said that he knows Detroiters are hungry for better service, fairness, and Transparency.
“Candidates in the NeighborHood” is a community forum designed to engage young Detroiters and provide then with an opportunity to have dialogue with candidates who will be asking for our vote in the August 6th Primary.
Candidates for Mayor, City Clerk, City Council and Police Commission will be present. It will be at
New Center Park 2990 W Grand Blvd Detroit, MI 48202 on June 7th at 5:30 PM.
Special Guest Moderators will include nationally renowned Journalist and author Bankole Thompson and WDIV Local 4 reporter Chauncy Glover.
Some of the plans Boman has for Detroit voters, include:
- Make it easier for Detroiters to get involved in the political process by posting, requirements, important dates and forms on the website.
- Post the salaries of elected officials on the website.
- Post the results of all local elections on the website.
- Refrain from promoting himself at taxpayer expense. He opposes putting his picture and prominently displayed name on tax-payer funded promotional materials.
- Keep all informational materials non-partisan without promoting any political parties or candidates over any others.
- Improve official recognition of neighborhood patrols.
Boman is vice president of his neighborhood patrol, and on the executive board of the Morningside Community organization.
A total of four candidates will be on the ballot for City Clerk in Detroit’s August sixth primary.