March 19, 2015
I hope everyone is doing well. I wanted to give a quick update to all the state chairs and I would very much appreciate it if you could forward this email to your executive committee members as well as county/parish/Congressional Districts leadership as well.
TRAINING AND WORKSHOPS
Training has been my #1 Priority and we now have the workshops finalized.
CPAC’s training was lead and “powered by” American Majority.
The reviews were amazing! I am happy to announce that we have American Majority
leading the training at LPEX! They are arguably the BEST political trainers in the country.
Also at CPAC was Turning Point USA
, their focus is on campus organizing and they are doing some great work. Turning Point USA is our secondary trainer for LPEX and offering workshops to a broader audience.
Additionally, we have the Nevada Policy Research Institute (NPRI), a Libertarian think tank in Nevada, conducting training on legislation and policy.
In total, we have created 20 fantastic (much needed) workshops which we will host during LPEX from the best political trainers in the country!
Below is a list of the workshops, I am working on finalizing the schedule. There will be multiple workshops going on at the same time. It would be extremely beneficial if a few people from each state could attend so we can cover as many workshops as possible. My goal (funding pending) is to film each workshop and make them available online, again, if we have the resources to do so. I could not be more pleased with the professional trainers we have on board. The knowledge we will learn will be priceless!
Additional training will be done via panel discussions.
SPEAKERS & PANELISTS
Initially, the goal was to get as many elected officials on board as possible to build value for the trainers, sponsors and exhibitors. So we reached out to our friends and this what we currently have: 2 Congressmen
, 3 State Senators
, 9 members from the Assembly
, Secretary of State
, Assistant Controller
, and Las Vegas City Councilman
. The featured speakers are available on the homepage www.LPEX.org
. There will likely be a few more elected officials added.
Additional speakers… Bob McNulty successful libertarian entrepreneur, Larry Elder National Radio Personality, Frank Kassella World Series of Poker Champion and Libertarian entrepreneur, Brett Bitner 2 time elected Libertarian, Carlo Maffatt former director of LIBRE Initiative in Nevada and founder of the new libertarian hispanic caucus Libertarios, Judge Jim Gray 2012 Vice Presidential Candidate, Mark Bradley Successful Libertarian Entrepreneur, Chad M Barth, Political & Government Relations Manager from Eventbrite, Louis Jasikoff former state chair of New Jersey and Pennsylvania also owner of Muckraker, and a few members from the Libertarian Party of Nevada Executive Committee.
MISC. UPDATES AND TALKING POINTS
- Larry Elder is our Friday morning breakfast speaker and is broadcasting his radio show LIVE from LPEX on Friday from 3pm-6pm.
- Our America Initiative (Gov Gary Johnson’s PAC) will be hosting a social event on Friday night.
- The Libertarian State Leadership Alliance will be hosting their annual business meeting.
- The Libertarian Parties of Nevada and California will be hosting their annual conferences on Sunday.
- Thursday we are hosting a financial conference in conjunction with LPEX mostly around the Marijuana Industry
- There will be a panel of elected officials discussing a variety of topics ranging from how to contact them to getting their support on legislation.
- A panel to discuss how libertarians can effectively leverage technology from some of the top technology companies in the business.
- Many vendors and exhibitors will have products/services each state and county affiliate can benefit from.
- Tony Stiles will be broadcasting live from LPEX.
- WeedTV.com will be covering all of LPEX and uploading the content to WeedTV.com.
Over the next few weeks we will be announcing much more!
Prices will go up over time so please register as soon as possible.
We have negotiated amazing rates at the Tropicana, $70
/night on Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday and $125
/night on Friday and Saturday. They have waived their $22.99/ night resort fee. Please visit this page for more information and to book your rooms: http://lpex.org/hotel
. Here is the direct link to book hotels:
Please contact me with any additional questions. I am available to speak with your state and county leadership anytime to provide additional information.