From: Green News – DC <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Subject: GP ADVISORY Green Party’s 2013 national meeting in Iowa, July 25-28, to feature Jill Stein, other Green leaders
To: dcsgpnews2 <email@example.com>
GREEN PARTY OF THE UNITED STATES
For Immediate Release: Thursday, June 6, 2013
This advisory is online at http://www.gp.org/press/pr-
Green Party’s 2013 Annual National Meeting in Iowa City, July 25-28, to feature 2012 Green presidential candidate Jill Stein and other guests
• Meeting web site: http://www.gp.org/meetings/
• Media Credentialing: http://www.gp.org/committees/
• University of Iowa map: http://www.uiowa.edu/~maps/i/
WASHINGTON, DC — 2012 Green presidential nominee Jill Stein and other Green leaders will gather with party members at the Green Party’s 2013 Annual National Meeting, which will take place July 25 to 28 in Iowa City, Iowa (http://www.gp.org/meetings/
Most events at the meeting will be held at the Iowa Memorial Union, which serves as the student union building for the University of Iowa (http://www.uiowa.edu / Campus Map: http://www.uiowa.edu/~maps/i/
The Green Party’s web site has Media Credentialing page (http://www.gp.org/committees/
media/press.php) for journalists interested in covering the meeting. Bloggers are also encouraged to register and attend.
“Iowa is significant for Greens not only because we have an active Green Party, but because, as the first state for caucuses in presidential elections, it might have America’s most politically aware population,” said Holly Hart, Secretary of the Iowa Green Party (http://www.greens.org/iowa).
Since the 2012 election, Jill Stein and running mate Cheri Honkala have set up a Green Shadow Cabinet, which includes nearly 100 prominent scientists, community and labor leaders, physicians, cultural workers, veterans, and others and provides an ongoing opposition and alternative voice to the dysfunctional U.S. political establishment (http://greenshadowcabinet.us)
Some the events planned for the meeting (details tentative):
• Keynote address by Dr. Stein, on Saturday, July 27
• Panel on policy-making on Thursday night, July 26 featuring other national and state level officials, elected or appointed, who have a strong record of supporting Green policies and candidates. Confirmed: Francis Thicke, Iowa farmer, member of the Iowa Environmental Protection Commission, the Iowa Food Policy Council, and the Iowa Organic Standards Boards. Others to be announced.
• Panel featuring Green officeholders from across the country, on Saturday.
• Press conferences, Thursday afternoon and Friday morning, with Green officeholders, candidates, local activists, and other guests.
• Green “Campaign School” for candidates and campaign workers, workshops on various topics of interest (including anti-oppression training), as well as plenary sessions of the Green National Committee and various committee meetings.
Many of these events will be aired and archived on the Green Party’s Livestream Channel (http://www.livestream.com/
Green Party of the United States http://www.gp.org
• Green candidate database and campaign information: http://www.gp.org/elections.
• News Center http://www.gp.org/newscenter.
• Speakers Bureau http://www.gp.org/speakers
• Ballot Access Page http://www.gp.org/2012/ballot-
• Video Page http://www.gp.org/video/index.
• Green Papers http://www.greenpapers.net/
• Discussion Forum https://secure.gpus.org/
• Google+ http://www.gp.org/google
• Twitter http://twitter.com/gpus
• Livestream Channel http://www.livestream.com/
• GP-TV Twitter page http://www.gp.org/twitter
• Facebook page http://www.gp.org/facebook
Green Pages: The official publication of record of the Green Party of the United States