Forwarded by Eric Sundwall. I was hoping to investigate the speculation that it is a “shadow convention” further, but have limited time and would like to get at least a minimal article up. That issue can be addressed in the comments and/or followup post(s). This is an invitation-only event with 16 or fewer people and will not be at the same time as the LPNY convention. -p
From: Scott Lieberman
Subject: Roger Stone/Kristin Davis Meeting – Sunday, April 11 – Official Invitation
Okay Ladies and Gentlemen:
Here it is.
This is your OFFICIAL invitation to the Roger Stone and Kristin Davis meeting next weekend.
Date – Sunday, April 11, 2010
Time – 11:50am-Noon “Registration”
Place – Rosie O’Grady’s (in their Wine Room)
149 West 46 St (this is about halfway between 6th and 7th Avenue)
(there is another Rosie O’Grady’s on 7th Avenue at 52nd St. If you show up at that location, you are at the wrong restaurant!)
As I have already told you, the restaurant expects that everyone who attends will buy lunch. The total tab for your lunch, including tax and service charge, should be less than $26 (excluding alcoholic beverages).
I just reconfirmed with the restaurant, and they now claim that they are willing to do separate checks. I am a little suspicious that they can do that, but if they do – that would be fantastic.
Please note that in any case, your check will include a 20% service charge, and your infinitesimal sales tax.
The people I am officially inviting as of right now are…
2 staff members from the Kristin Davis campaign
As you all know, I am limiting the number of people at this meeting to make sure that everyone gets a chance to speak and ask questions. However, I have tried VERY hard to make sure the attendees are as representative of the LPNY as possible. I am willing to have up to 16 people attend, so if any of the above 14 people can not make it, I will invite someone to replace them, plus I *might* invite enough people to get the total attendance up to 16.
I am also inviting Chris Edes, Warren Redlich, and Eric Sundwall, but I am 90% sure that they have already made it clear that they can not make it.
I will try very hard to be just the moderator, and to not offer opinions. However, I have two rules…
1. Don’t be nasty. You can disagree with someone, but don’t be nasty about it.
2. Don’t be longwinded. I want everyone in the room to get a chance to speak and ask questions, and that won’t happen if you hog the floor for 7 minutes straight.
Here are some additional notes….
1. You can order off their Brunch menu, OR order off their Lunch menu. I STRONGLY recommend that you print both of these menus, look at them over the next few days, circle what you want, and bring them with you. That way, we can have the orders taken by 12:10pm. That will let us finish lunch by 1:10pm, which gives us a good 80 minutes for the formal part of the meeting. We have the room until 3pm, but I certainly hope we can finish by 2:30pm.
Those two menus are two pages each. The link is http://rosieogradys.com/46thstreet/menus.php
2. Please try to arrive between 11:50am and Noon. I am going to have the orders taken at 12:10pm, so that we can finish lunch by 1:10pm. If we run on time, we can get the introductions and my preliminary remarks out of the way while we are waiting for our food, so that we can almost definitely finish by 2:30pm.
3. This invitation is for YOU, personally. You may not bring a guest. This is because the capacity of the room is limited, and I don’t want people to be shoved in elbow to elbow.
The proposed agenda for the meeting…
Mr. Stone, Ms. Davis, and their staffers will get 10 minutes in total to speak. They can divide that time any way they want amongst themselves.
Then, I will give each LPNY member, plus Mr. Karlan, 2 minutes to speak. You can certainly ask someone a question during that time, but the time for the answer will come out of your two minutes.
The above will take up about 30 minutes. Then, that still gives us a 50 minute free-flowing meeting. I will try very hard to keep my mouth shut during that 50 minutes, except to enforce rules 1 and 2 above.
I know, lots of rules. But – I have been to too many LNC Meetings which took 30% longer than they had to, because the “rules” were not enforced.
My goal is that everyone who attends thinks that it was worth taking the time out of their busy Sunday schedule to attend the meeting. This is a private meeting, but it is not a “secret” meeting. You are encouraged to talk about anything you hear at this meeting with any LPNY member.
VERY IMPORTANT – even if you talked to me by phone or sent me an e-mail,
please reply to this e-mail and re-confirm your attendance. It is very likely that I will invite one or two more people, but I can’t invite them until I hear from the 13 people who are receiving this e-mail.
I look forward to seeing all of you in 8 days.
Region 2 Alternate, Libertarian National Committee