Press "Enter" to skip to content

Libertarian Party Second Round of Presidential Voting 2020

Ballot Access News:

Again, no one has a majority. The second round results: Jo Jorgensen 339; Jacob Hornberger 257; Vermin Supreme 184; John Monds 169; Jim Gray 64.

The third round will be Saturday night, May 23.

The other votes were: NOTA 6, Adam Kokesh 6, Justin Amash 1, Nick Sarwark 1, Darryl Perry 1.

Judge Gray was eliminated and endorsed Jo Jorgensen. Larry Sharpe said he is dropping out of the VP race.

About Post Author


  1. Thomas Knapp Thomas Knapp May 23, 2020

    Wow — 62% favor blowing off this election cycle completely. But if that’s what we want to do, why not just be honest about it and vote NOTA?

  2. NewFederalist NewFederalist May 23, 2020

    How do you figure that, Tom?

  3. Thomas Knapp Thomas Knapp May 23, 2020


    The combined vote for Hornberger and Supreme is right at 38%.

    That’s a combined 38% in favor of having some kind of LP presidential campaign this year, which leaves 62% in favor of meaningless and ineffectual fucking around.

  4. paulie paulie May 23, 2020

    More like 43%. I accidentally had the round 1 chart when I posted, It was later fixed.

  5. paulie paulie May 23, 2020

    I think Jo would do better than Bumper would tho.

  6. Thomas Knapp Thomas Knapp May 23, 2020

    If Jo Jorgenson or Judge Gray ran naked into a theater screaming “FIRE!” the people in the theater wouldn’t run for the exits, they’d nod off.

    I’m not saying Hornberger or Vermin would set the world on fire, but either one of them MIGHT at least get a LITTLE attention. The rest, not a fucking glance, let alone a stare.

  7. Kevin Kevin May 23, 2020

    Running someone named “Vermin Supreme” would get the wrong sort of attention, and further marginalize the LP to the outer fringes of the Twilight Zone. While nominating Hornberger would send the wrong sort of message, that non-intervention = non-aggression.

    Dr. Jorgenson is insipid and appears incapable of uttering anything other than platitudes. She admits she robotically follows the platform, plank for plank, which is probably the most unread political manifesto in all history.

    But at least she would not disgrace the LP, so that in the future, when the LP is primarily libertarian, there would be something to build on. And, she has proven credibility as an MD, particularly suitable for these times.

  8. paulie paulie May 23, 2020

    First round Bumper + Hornberger was 40% as well.

    Jo can do a Browne/Ruwart thing, and has talented people on her staff. Good contrast to two 70s-something white men with cognitive issues, accusations of sexual harassment and abuse, and racial sensitivity issues.

    I’d prefer Vermin – I think you’re right, he is much better at getting people to pay attention – but I am glad we are not nominating another retread Republican.

  9. Thomas Knapp Thomas Knapp May 23, 2020

    “she has proven credibility as an MD”

    How does one get proven credibility as an MD without being, oh, you know, an MD?

  10. Nik Nik May 23, 2020

    Was puzzling over that one myself. Jorgensen has a PhD in industrial and organizational psychology.

  11. paulie paulie May 23, 2020

    LOL, who said something that stupid? I hadn’t seen it so must be Bjornsen. I scroll past his comments each and every time. If we had a block option, I’d block him.

  12. Thomas Knapp Thomas Knapp May 23, 2020

    I find it odd that most people — not just Kevin — seem to assume the title “Dr.” refers to an MD.

    But then, my wife works for a PhD, and around a bunch of others, and most of the “doctors” I run into are in the humanities. So maybe I’ve just become used to not assuming an MD.

  13. Thomas Knapp Thomas Knapp May 23, 2020

    Also, I am a Doctor of Letters. So if anyone has a “g” suffering from migraines, etc., gimme a yell.

  14. George Marshall George Marshall May 23, 2020

    Kevin Bjornson? Of the erstwhile Libertarian Defense (sic) Caucus? He’s a fucking moron.

  15. Thomas Knapp Thomas Knapp May 23, 2020


    Yes, that’s him.

    While he seems to be wrong about pretty much everything, I suspect it’s less about being stupid per se than about a combination of being completely batshit insane and not especially steeped in rigorous logical thinking.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.