Posted by Brian Holtz at Libertarian Intelligence. Any implied opinions are Brian’s, and should not be taken as an IPR endorsement or counter-endorsement of any LNC candidate.
Ernest Hancock said recently on his radio show that he’s considering sending to each Libertarian NatCon delegate a copy of the conspiracy-theory video Invisible Empire. One of the video’s claims is that Timothy McVeigh was a government “black operations” agent and that the Oklahoma City bombing was a “false flag” operation designed to “demonize critics of world government”. (The video also talks about “implantable brain chips” and says: “Imagine: a planet where every human being is required to be chipped at birth. This would be the final tool implemented in a command-and-control world government system in which the elite rule the masses with total control of their lives.”)
The quiz below tests how good a job McVeigh did in impersonating someone like Ernest Hancock, whose Viper Reserves web site said “the likely perpetrators [of the OKC bombing] had closer ties to the police state and NO ties to any militia group”. Viper Reserves was set up to defend Viper Militia members like Dean Pleasant, a 1994 LP candidate in Arizona who was jailed in 1996 after stockpiling ammonium nitrate and creating a videotape surveilling federal buildings and advising how explosives could bring them down. The New York Times quoted Hancock defending the videotape as “educational”.
See if you can tell which statements were made by McVeigh, and which by Hancock. Post your guesses in the comments where you see this contest, and I’ll score them. The first person who scores 100% can decide which Hancock opponent in the Chair race gets my $100 donation.
- If you’re not at least a little uncomfortable with your position, it isn’t radical enough. Take the most extreme position you can.
- I’m concerned about a United Nations takeover and establishment of a single world government designed to place severe limits on individual freedom.
- There will be some bloodshed — how much? Are you sure you want to go this far? It’s not a battle of who has the most guns. It’s a battle of who has the most heart, and who has the most will.
- There will be a single currency, a single police force — one all-powerful central government for everyone on the planet.
- So now it’s how many cans of Campbell’s Soup can you get? How much water do you got? How many friends do you have? How much land can you plow? What’s coming can not be stopped.
- There are over 300,000 names on a Cray Supercomputer in Brussels of “possible and suspected subversives and terrorists” in the U.S., all ranked in order of threat.
- It’s gonna get to the point of Big Brother. It’s gonna get that bad. And if it’s not done with video and audio, it may be with electromagnetic waves, are they gonna have a certain frequency on your power grid?
- At Waco, the feds picked a windy day on purpose so the building would catch fire quickly.
- They want the building to go down. They need a bridge to blow up. It justifies their existence.
- The CIA flies drugs into the U.S. to fund many covert operations.
- The Declaration of Independence had absolutely nothing to do with voting. It was all about what happens when voting doesn’t work. You will never vote yourself free.
As a bonus, here is video that was a front-page “featured article” on Hancock’s FreedomsPhoenix site. It was an attempt to “pre-empt” the “lies and propaganda” of the recent MSNBC documentary featuring McVeigh’s extensive jailhouse confessions.