2020 Libertarian presidential nominee Jo Jorgensen sent the following fundraising pitch today to her email subscribers:
Over the past week I’ve been asked several questions from both Republicans and Democrats regarding where I stand on the issues.
Donald Trump and Joe Biden’s records of policy failures, racism, and inappropriate behavior are making many traditional voters reconsider who they will cast their ballot for.
Allow me to briefly tell you what I am fighting for:
- Healthcare Freedom: We can reduce the cost of health care 75% by allowing real price competition, and by substantially reducing government and insurance company paperwork. This will make health care affordable for most Americans, while also reducing the cost of legacy programs like Medicare, Medicaid, and the VA.
- Criminal Justice Reform: As President, I will use my Constitutional authority to end federal civil asset forfeiture prior to conviction, and pardon persons convicted of non-violent victimless crimes. I will also work with Congress to end the failed War on Drugs and other victimless crimes.
- Auditing the Federal Reserve: Our reckless monetary system threatens to destroy the value of the U.S. entirely and must be stopped. As President, I will audit the Federal Reserve and begin shutting down the money printing machine.
- Peace: I believe we should turn America into one giant Switzerland — Armed and Neutral. It’s time to bring our troops home and engage in free trade with our neighbors across the globe.
- Spending & Debt: As President, I will draw a line in the sand. NO MORE DEBT. I will use my authority to block any new borrowing and veto all new spending increases.
I believe 2020 has become a pivotal year for our movement.
The demand for criminal justice reform has never been greater… the two-party system has utterly failed to produce candidates worth voting for… and Americans are desperate for a leader with real solutions.
I hope you will consider joining our campaign. Please consider making an online contribution of $20.20, $35, $50, $100 or whatever you can afford by clicking here.
Dr. Jo Jorgensen