Buddy Roemer reports ‘Best Week’ for Fundraising

Former Louisiana governor Buddy Roemer, a Republican Party presidential candidate that is also seeking the presidential nomination of Americans Elect, sent out a message to supporters reporting fundraising totals of $32,000 for the week, a record amount for the campaign.

Below is the text of the message:

Friends,

What a week!  I wanted to take just a few minutes from the busy campaign trail here in New Hampshire to let you know that we’ve had the best week of our campaign so far! Thanks to the support of you, and others like you all across the country, we’ve raised a record amount of $32,000 this past week.  The money donated has helped me continue my campaign in New Hampshire and air our first television commercials.

These past weeks in New Hampshire have been exciting.  Everywhere we go, I see the size and enthusiasm of the crowds and supporters growing considerably. On Saturday I held a press conference, where I heard chants of “Buddy! Buddy!” as I walked up to the podium, and I reiterated that I will continue to stand up to corruption in politics and the corrupting influence of money in politics.

The latest poll of Granite State voters shows I am a full two points ahead of former national frontrunner Rick Perry.  This is a huge milestone for the campaign, given the fact that I have not been included in a single debate thus far.  We also can’t forget that Perry has raised $17 million, with only 4% of his donations coming from small donors, and the remaining 96 percent coming from large donors and PACs.

My campaign is different, because as you know it is funded by supporters like you.  I take no money from PACs and I have a $100 maximum donation limit. You make my campaign possible, and therefore I thank you. 

We have so much more to look forward to on this campaign trail.  Keep up to date on where I am going and what I am up to at www.BuddyRoemer.com.  And if I am coming to a city near you, be sure to stop by and say hello!

Thank you for your continued support, and remember – this race is far from over.  It’s only just beginning.

Sincerely,

Buddy Roemer

During the last reporting period that ended September 30, the Roemer campaign reported a fundraising total of $231,532 with $46,111 on hand. In comparison, fellow candidate Gary Johnson, who was also running as a Republican at the time, announced totals of $416,431 with only $10,882 on hand.

Like Johnson, who decided to run for the Libertarian Party’s presidential nomination, Roemer announced in December that he would seek a third party’s nomination. He chose Americans Elect, an organization that hopes to nominate a nonpartisan political ticket for the 2012 election.  The group is currently on the ballot in 15 states.

Other candidates seeking the Americans Elect nomination include economics professor Laurence Kotlikoff and Green Party candidate Mike Ballantine.

Former Utah governor and current Republican Party candidate Jon Huntsman, Jr. was drafted to run, but decided against it.

16 thoughts on “Buddy Roemer reports ‘Best Week’ for Fundraising

  1. Nominate Dr. Ron Paul to be the 2012 Libertarian Party POTUS Candidate !

    A noble idea, but a foolish one. One hundred limit, handcuffs you to defeat! Speaking of money now would be a good time to send some to the candidate of your choice ! They need it !

    Dr.RON PAUL “PLAN TO RESTORE AMERICA NOW” – http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/ron-paul-plan-to-restore-america/

    1.To stand with the American People, President Paul will take a salary of $39,336, approximately equal to the median personal income of the American worker.

  2. Johnson/Ventura '12

    If Americans Elect doesn’t go the way of Unity ’08, then a Jon Huntsman/Buddy Roemer ticket would be interesting for a moderate republican to choose from or a centrist.

  3. Americans Elect

    Please! Roemer has no chance. Huntsman/Lieberman ticket would be a great independent ticket that could get nominated.

  4. rr

    AE is a joke. Their money comes from Wall Street. Get real! Who wants to vote for the rich to keep the rich in power?

  5. just saying

    If by some miracle Ron Paul gets the GOP nomination, the AE candidate will be in the debates. heck, there may be four or five people in the debate. Ron Paul will get 96 seconds to speak.

  6. johncjackson

    Good bit of news here. I was not aware Huntsman ruled it out. I was thinking he might want to take some momentum from NH over there.

    I only see 2 candidates in the debates.

  7. Willis T. French

    @11 AE can probably get in the debates.

    Paul may or may not if he goes LP.

    Both is a stretch, but it could happen.

    More than 4 is highly unlikely – all would have to poll above 15%.

  8. Humongous Fungus

    Agreed 2 is more likely than 4, but I’ll go out on a limb and say 3 is more likely than 2 this time.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *