Libertarian Ken Krawchuk Kicks Off Ballot Access Signature Drive

kenk

Ken Krawchuk, the Libertarian candidate for Pennsylvania Governor, formally
kicked off the party’s 2014 petition drive for collecting the necessary
signatures to get the Libertarian Party candidates on the November ballot.
The petitioning period began on March 12 and ends on August 1, and official
petitions for collecting signatures can be found at www.KenK.org/signatures,
including detailed instructions.

“Today we begin the most difficult part of the campaign,” Krawchuk said,
“collecting signatures to get the Libertarian Party candidates on the
ballot. What makes it so difficult are all the un-democratic antics of the
two old parties. For years they’ve misused the power of law to erect huge
barriers to competition at the ballot box. For example, where Governor
Corbett needs only 2,000 signatures to get his name on the ballot, I need a
whopping 16,639–over eight times as many!–even though the Pennsylvania
Constitution mandates that ‘all elections shall be free and equal.’ Is that
equal, I ask? Is that fair?”

In addition to Krawchuk, Libertarian Party officials have thus far
identified dozens of candidates for the state house, state senate, and US
Congress, with more stepping up as the campaign season gears up. Like
Krawchuk, these candidates also face needlessly high barriers to gaining
access to the ballot. Making matters worse, officials at the Department of
State in Harrisburg have not been able to tell these candidates just how
many signatures they’ll need to get their names on the ballot.

“The election laws in Pennsylvania are so complicated that not even the
state can cope with them,” Krawchuk pointed out. “It’s bad enough that so
many of our candidates need to collect many, many times more signatures that
the two old parties do; now these career bureaucrats refuse to even tell us
how many signatures we need. It’s obviously way past time we change these
bad laws–and fire those inefficient bureaucrats.”

To address these concerns, the Libertarian Party is strongly endorsing State
Senator Mike Folmer’s “Voters’ Choice Act” (SB 195) which levels the playing
field for challenger parties and independent candidates. However, the
legislation currently remains stalled in the Senate State Government
committee, mainly because its Republican chairman, Senator Lloyd Smucker,
refuses to hold hearings on the bill, even thought election statistics show
that election reform is sorely needed in Pennsylvania: in the last
statehouse election, almost half the races (95 out of 203) went completely
uncontested, as did over a third of the state senate races (9 out of 25).

“Pennsylvania’s ballot access laws are among the worst on the planet,”
Krawchuk asserted. “Not only do they violate the mandate of Article 1
Section 5 of the Pennsylvania Constitution, they also violate Sections 7.5
and 7.6 of the 1990 Helsinki Accords. In fact, in a 2007 report, the
Helsinki Accords’ Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights
singled out Pennsylvania’s bad example. Our ballot laws are worse than a
third-world dictatorship! And like in Soviet Russia, uncontested candidates
coast to victory; and the only losers here are the people of Pennsylvania.”

Founded in 1971, the Libertarian Party is the third largest political party
in the state and the nation, with over 150 elected and appointed officials
currently serving in office nationwide, and 40 in Pennsylvania. Like the
Founding Fathers, Libertarians believe that you have the inalienable right
to conduct your life as you see fit, without interference, so long as you
respect the rights and property of others. As a result, Libertarians favor
a small, responsible government.

For more information about the Libertarian Party, the public is invited to
contact the Libertarian Party of Pennsylvania at www.LpPa.org or (800)
R-RIGHTS, or the National Libertarian Party at www.Lp.org or (202) 333-0008.

For more information about the Krawchuk campaign, please visit the campaign
website at www.KenK.org. The campaign can be contacted at
Campaign@KenK.org, or 224-Krawchuk (224-572-9248).

52 thoughts on “Libertarian Ken Krawchuk Kicks Off Ballot Access Signature Drive

1. Jed Ziggler Post author

I’ve printed out the forms and will be petitioning for the LPPA. I don’t know how many signatures I can get here in a small town, but every little bit helps!

2. Vernon

I hope he campaigns with POKER FACE, a great pro-White Libertarian rock band from PA!

3. Jed Ziggler Post author

Libertarians are for the rights & liberties of all people, regardless of race, religion, gender identity, or sexual orientation. Mr. Krawchuk’s pro-LGBT stance is one of many reasons I am proud to support him.

I’m gettng tired of him. He’s too smart to be wasting his time doing this.

5. William Saturn

Made better than they originally were.

I can’t support that. It calls into question anything anybody ever posted.

I can’t support that. It calls into question anything anybody ever posted.

Only the most egregious troll comments are subject to being improved.

For the record, I’ve never altered anyone’s comment besides my own. I have deleted some of the troll’s comments, but only when they’re overtly racist. By far, the majority I leave alone for the world to see.

8. William Saturn

I can understand deleting defamation or lies, but I cannot understand literally putting words in other people’s mouths.

I understand your concern, but really, no legitimate participants get affected, only people who are intentionally stirring crap and only rarely. It’s just a way to get them to, hopefully, stop posting intentionally disruptive comments.

10. William Saturn

If you have to do it, I hope you can at least use brackets or add a note that an alteration was made.

“Jill Pyeatt March 21, 2014 at 4:17 pm
    I’m gettng tired of him. He’s too smart to be wasting his time doing this.”

“Jed Ziggler Post authorMarch 21, 2014 at 6:10 pm
    It’s actually the easiest it’s been in a long, long time.”

Yes, this is the easiest petition signature requirement in Pennsylvania since I’ve been following petition signature requirements, which has been for 14 years.

You also accused Knapp, so…shrug.

“paulie March 21, 2014 at 6:20 pm

‘It’s probably Michael Seebeck, and he’s probably a paid government troll that has been hired to sabotage the Libertarian Party. I accused Seebeck of being the troll a while ago, he denied it then just like he’s denying it now, but I think that there is now more evidence that he’s the troll.’

You also accused Knapp, so…shrug.”

Yes, I accused Knapp, but now he’s moved down lower on the suspect list. If you’ll recall, the first person I accused of being the troll was in fact Michael Seebeck. He vehemently denied it, and I ended up lowering him on my suspect list, but I never removed him from the suspect list.

Michael Seebeck is the number one suspect right now. I found out that he’s worked for years in the computer field in the military industrial complex, and that he attended Caltech, which is a favorite recruiting ground for government intelligence agencies (NSA, CIA, FBI, etc…).

I don’t buy this line that a “little bird” told him that Jill posted his initials, and considering that a lot of people have the initials MS, I doubt that it is a coincidence that he popped up to deny it, and I’m not just saying this FROM DER SIDELINES (Seebeck is probably thinking, “Oh shit, how did he know that I also post under that fake name!”).

“paulie March 21, 2014 at 8:14 pm

‘Michael Seebeck is the number one suspect right now.’

There’s a difference between suspicion and proof.”

I think that we should start doing FOIA requests. Names will likely be redacted, but we could still get enough useful information to piece things together. Plants have been outted in other organizations from FOIA requests.

“paulie March 21, 2014 at 8:22 pm
    Go ahead and do some then. Just quit accusing people as if you know for sure when all you have is suspicion.”

I only publically accuse when there is evidence backed up by strong suspicion. There are others that I suspect of being plants and/or trolls, but who I have not publically accused because I did not believe that I had enough evidence to go public.

18. Jed Ziggler Post author

Once again, a thread is hijacked by wild troll speculation. Which is, itself, trolling.

19. Jed Ziggler Post author

“Perhaps it should get a dedicated thread?”

No, it should stop.

“The troll speculation is worse than the trolling.”

100x worse.

“paulie March 21, 2014 at 8:39 pm
    You were openly accusing Knapp and yet, if you are correct now, you had to have been wrong then. Even now you say you have a strong suspicion, not that you have proof.”

Yes, I did accuse Tom Knapp, but I even ADMITTED at the time that I could be wrong. So yeah, Knapp was for a time the top suspect, but he’s not the top suspect anymore. It is possible that Knapp may end up being exonerated, in which case I will issue him a public apology, but I’m not ready to drop him from the suspect list.

It is a documented fact that the government hires plants and trolls to sabotage anti-establishment political movements. I’ve posted articles and videos here multiple times about government plants getting exposed in different organizations. Hell, anyone who has been in the Libertarian Party for a long time and has done any homework already KNOWS DAMN WELL that the Libertarian Party was infiltrated with government plants going all the way back to the 1970’s (case in point, the FOIA request that Ed Clark years ago where it was found out that there was a government plant at the first LP organizing meeting in California; the name of the plant was redacted, but everyone at that meeting remained in the LP for years after that, which means that whoever the plant was at that meeting, they were in the LP for years after this, and for all we know, could still operating in the LP today). What makes anyone think that today is any different?

I’ve been in this party since 1996, and I’ve seen and heard about too much weird shit going down to believe that all of these things are coincidences, or just the work of random odd balls. I have long suspect that there are plants operating in the party, not everyone, just a few key people in a few key places, and that they work to make sure that the party does not become too successful, and that they also help the government keep tabs on all of the real Libertarians (which is most of the people in the party).

Anyone thinks that this sounds crazy or is just baseless paranoia? Well then you are naïve and need to do more homework on this issue.

22. Antirevolutionary

Michael Seebeck was one of the earliest and harshest critics of Catholic Trotskyism in 2008. O how the mighty have fallen.

“paulie March 21, 2014 at 9:46 pm

‘Yes, I did accuse Tom Knapp, but I even ADMITTED at the time that I could be wrong.’

Didn’t stop you from calling the troll Knapp, and you could be wrong now as well.”

Sometimes you’ve got to shake things up or rattle the cage if you want to get to the truth.

I suspect that this party and movement has far more than one person who is a government plant, and the same goes for people who have posted at this website. There are patterns with the troll that leads me to think that it could be primarily one person, and I have reason to believe that this person is being fed information and talking points (like the whole conflating Libertarians with racists angle sounds like it is coming out of a government disinfo playbook), and I also have reason to believe that this person has been following this site since its inception, and is likely a current or former Libertarian Party member, and very well may be somebody whom you and/I have met or seen in person at an LP meeting or convention.

If the LP is infiltrated, which I suspect that it is, there is likely a network of infiltrators, some of whom play different roles, who all work toward the goal of making sure that the party is not successful. The last thing that the government wants is a successful Libertarian Party, so they would not be above sending in plants to act as saboteurs, provocateurs, and informants.

If anyone reading this thinks that this all sounds nuts and could not possibly be true, then you have not been paying attention.

There in fact could be a group of people working together to pull this crap, and they could all be current and/or former LP members who we all know, and who post here under their real names in addition to trolling here.

Please stop making accusations against specific individuals unless you have proof.

I’m curious as to who the troll is. I suspect there’s only one person who uses various names, but I don’t want to give him/her any more power. Since I believe bad bahavior and works come back to someone sooner or later, I’ll continue to do my best to ignore this person.and let Karma take care of things. I’m done speculating as to who it is.

27. Jed Ziggler Post author

Welcome to my world.

“Jed Ziggler Post authorMarch 28, 2014 at 3:23 pm
    Just got kicked out of one of the places around here I figured I could get quite a few signatures. Only have four collected so far, and likely one is invalid as he told me he was from Jefferson County then wrote down the name of a town in Clearfield County. I’ll keep trying.”

Jed, it is quite admirable that you are out there gathering volunteer petition signatures for the Libertarian Party of Pennsylvania. The kind of crap you are going through is the kind of stuff that petition circulators go through around this country on a daily basis. This is why you see me on here talking about why there needs to be better legal protections for people who go out in public to ask people to sign petitions (as well as other 1st amendment activities). Petition circulators are routinely harassed, run out of public access locations, and otherwise prevented from gathering petition signatures. I hope that this serves as a wake up call to not only yourself, but also to other Libertarians around the country who are really not that familiar with the “nuts & bolts” of the ballot access process.