Thank you for advertising the platform of the Libertarian Party.
The Libertarian Party Radical Caucus (LPRC) is a caucus of activists within the Libertarian Party who believe you missed the mark.
The LPRC was formed in 2006 because its founding members saw a need to encourage the Libertarian Party to stay true to its ideological roots.
Since then, the LPRC has formalized and adopted our own extensive platform (enclosed) expressing positions consistent with the founding of the Libertarian Party and have endorsed over a dozen Libertarian Party candidates whose campaigns reflect the ideas contained therein.
In light of your characterization of the Libertarian Party as the “radical fringe”, the LPRC thought you would enjoy seeing what truly radical libertarians advocate. If inspired, we encourage you to share with your readers that there is a motivated group of activists who consistently hold to libertarian ideology.
After all, Democrats and Republicans alike advocate for policies and practices that:
- Result in American citizens being added to a “No Fly” List without justification.
- Enforce mandatory minimum sentencing for non-violent drug offenses.
- Permit warrantless wiretapping of American citizens.
- Involve aggressive bombing of innocent lives in foreign countries.
- Allow suspension of Habeas Corpus in cases deemed “terrorist acts.”
- Turn a blind eye to the murder of upwards of 1,400 Americans by police every year.
- Use the US Military as the World Police.
- Manifest in the sale of subsidized military hardware to foreigners.
- As a consequence of their practice, our Constitutionally-guaranteed rights to life, liberty, and our ability to defend ourselves are consistently eroded. Now those are the truly “terrifying” ideas.
Gregory S. Faust
Libertarian Party Radical Caucus
This letter was sent in response to this article, Paul Krugman Reveals What Libertarian Gary Johnson Really Stands For–And It’s Terrifying.
A complete copy of the letter sent may be viewed here.
You can visit the Radical Caucus website here.