From: Robert Kraus
Subject: LPHQ Attendance at Left of Center Conferences
Please feel free to share this email.
We have been asked by several LP Members to look at “left of center” or “alternative” conferences in the DC area which we could attend to counter the image that we only attend CPAC like events (8,500 attendees).
We have assigned several interns to review the more than 700 such conferences and conventions in the Mid-Atlantic area to determine what might be best for us to attend.
The list includes:
· Powershift 2010 (Powershift 2009 had over 10,000 attendees)
· ACLU Membership Conference (over 5,000 attendees)
· Netroots 2009 (over 2,000 attendees)
· America’s Future Now (formerly Take Back America which had a little under 2,000 attendees)
· National Young Women’s Leadership Conference (500-1000 attendees)
We estimate the cost of attending one of these events at $1500-2500 including booth and materials. We are looking for sponsors who will at least pay for the booth or arrange for a free booth. Obviously the better attended events, which in turn draw more media attention, would be our preferred option.
We are currently scheduled to attend these two “alternative” events (which we already have a sponsor for):
· Capital Pride in DC (200,000 attendees)
· Equality Forum 2009 in Philadelphia (75,000 attendees)
We encourage our regional reps to ask their state chairs to also look at events other than the typical gun show or “CPAC” type conventions as well. The office is here to support them in promoting their event to our email and media lists, on our events page, and enlisting volunteer support. Please remind your states to let us know about their events by simply sending an email to email@example.com and to email Austin at Austin.firstname.lastname@example.org if they need assistance in staffing their booths.
Robert S. Kraus
Acting Executive Director
Libertarian National Committee
2600 Virginia Ave NW #200
Washington, DC 20037
Ph: 202.333.0008 x 231
Posted to IPR by Paulie.