This post is an open forum, encouraging all our readers to submit questions for all Libertarian National Committee candidates for all offices – not just chair – and all candidates to provide questions as well as debate each other.
To kick things off, one of our readers writes to firstname.lastname@example.org:
I am not a Libertarian by any right but I am for improving our ballot access laws. I have seen you have posted questions for the candidates for Chair of the LP and I am somewhat interested in that so I was hoping you would publish and send these questions to the candidates. I think it might benefit your readership because this is wrriten from an outsider’s perspective.
Wayne Allyn Root
1. How are your political beliefs any different from those of the Libertarian wing of the GOP?
2. Would you consider the ideology of Libertarianism to be “pragmatic”?
3. Would you consider WIlliam F. Buckley Jr. to be a Libertarian?
4. What would you do to end the division between Paleo/right libertarians and left, socialist, geo, antipropertarian, zeitgeist, etc. libertarians?
5. What philosopher has influenced your thoughts the most in regards to politics?
6. If elected do you see any potiential niche markets, other than Republicans or college students, that have not been exploited yet?
7. What do you feel makes a person a libertarian?
8. Under your leadership would the Libertarian win any federal offices or executive state offices? If so what states and districts would be won?
9. Your record as a CEO as been called into question. Please give your take on all the crticism about your record.
10. If one of your opponents for chair were to win the LP Presidential Nomination in 2012 would you give them your full support?
11. If one of your opponents wins the chairmanship would you help them gain more media appearances?
1. Your ideas are widely found as too radical by Republicans and Democrats. How would you get around this and increase the party’s membership?
2. You currently do not make many appearances on cable newchannels, in major newspaper, etc. How would you gain media attention?
3. What would you do to end the division between Paleo/right libertarians and left, socialist, geo, antipropertarian, zeitgeist, etc. libertarians?
3. If you were chair and one of your opponents were to win the presidential nomination in 2012 would you give them your full support?
4. What do you feel makes a person a libertarian?
5. Is libertarianism an idealistic ideology?
6. What experience do you have in politics and/or business that makes you qualified to run the party.
For any other candidate please answer these questions and state why you are the best candidate.
Some past questions and answers posted on IPR:
I’ll also be going through the archives and linking some additional posts by and about LNC candidates in the comments on this post.